About Me:

United States
Better known as Ceci {pronounced Ceh-see}. I'm Chris' wife and Cassie's Mama. Words that I would say describe me: insomniac, laid back, a daydreamer, procrastinator, loved, paper snob, silly, happy...you get the idea.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Whew! I'm pooped!

We started off today by getting ready to pay a visit to Cassie's pediatrician, Dr. C, for her 9 month well check. We had also planned on heading straight to the HLSR right after her appointment, which meant we had to get ready in a hurry and pack everything but the kitchen sink since I knew we would be gone most of the day. This of course caused us to back out of the driveway only to return back to the house not once, but twice because we forgot something. I swear, if my head was not attached to the rest of my body I'd probably forget that at home too!

I'm happy to report that Cassie's visit went really well. Dr. C referred to her as being "perfectly proportioned" as she now weighs 19 pounds 7 ounces and measures 28 inches in length. I must admit though that my quick sigh of relief turned to dismay when we were told that she didn't have to get any vaccinations but would need to get pricked for some routine testing. Referring to it as a prick was quite the understatement - blood had to be drawn from her chunky little arm. Can you say OUCH?? She was not happy. She cried & cried but being the awesome Mom that I am, I had a Mum-Mum ready for her before the nurse even had a chance to stick a Garfield band-aid on her, and just like that, all was good again :-)

And so from there, we were on our merry way to the HLSR for Cassie's very first rodeo, but not without picking up some sunscreen for her first. After all, we did just leave the pediatrician's office and we knew we would probably be outside most of the afternoon. The last thing I needed was a sunburned baby.

We had so much fun. We did a lot of walking, ate some good food, followed by more walking {note to self: do not wear flip-flops next year!} rode some rides, ate some more good food {this place was heaven when I visited last year while pregnant}, visited the nursery and petting zoo, did some shopping, followed by more walking. Have I mentioned that we did a lot of walking? Cassie was so exhausted that she finally crashed in her stroller by mid-afternoon, but did manage to wake up in time to share a churro with me. We had so much fun showing her all of the sites and sounds we can't wait to go back next year when she's a little bit older.


Here are some photos from our day:





ETA: sadly there are no photos of the rodeo yet because my macbook is currently in a coma :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment