About Me:

United States
Better known as Ceci {pronounced Ceh-see}. I'm Chris' wife and Cassie's Mama. Words that I would say describe me: insomniac, laid back, a daydreamer, procrastinator, loved, paper snob, silly, happy...you get the idea.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It was just a matter of time

I had a feeling this was going to happen soon, just wasn't prepared for it when it happened on Valentine's Day. I was quietly working on the computer Sunday afternoon as Cassie laid in her crib for her afternoon nap. We did our usual nap/bedtime routine: shared a hug & kiss, read a book, and recited a quick prayer before I left her alone to fall asleep. I walked over to the computer room and I could still hear her talking to herself, and to Lollie, pointing to photos on her dresser, calling her Papa, tossing & turning, and so on. Anything to prolong her nap time I suppose. Finally, after about 5 or 10 minutes, she was silent. I figured she was asleep, when all of a sudden I heard a loud thump. Scratch that, it was more like a loud thud. Scratch that too, it was more like a loud bam! A very unfamiliar sound to me, I thought maybe something had fallen off of her dresser. Annoyed that whatever it was has probably awoken her and interrupted my "me time", I ran into her room......only to find her laying on the floor. The poor girl had fallen out of her crib. She used the bumper as a step and used it to take a plunge. She was laying flat on her back, arms and legs wide open when I ran in. I don't think she really started crying until she saw the shock on my face. I made sure to look over every bone in her body and thanked my lucky stars she didn't hurt herself. I think she quickly realized the gravity of the situation because she was afraid of her crib the rest of that day and kept rubbing her head saying "hurt" and "cay" [meaning fall in Spanish].....this little tale definitely tops the list as the scariest thing that has happened to her so far. I have a feeling she's going to be good at keeping me on my toes....

Here's the little daredevil at the park for some Valentine's photos with her love, Lollie:

"Mama, what are we doing here? Don't you know it's c-c-c-cold?!"

"You want me to say "cheese?" Okay!"


"You want me to hug Lollie? Okay, that's easy!"


"I love Lollie!"


"Wheeeee, I love my shiny new shoes!"








2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I fear this day :( Glad she's ok, and she is super cute in those pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She didn't fall. She jumped!! Big difference.... Lol.

    ReplyDelete